I recently got the urge to re-do the living room I'd previously spent days decorating. Remember the tree trunk? That was part of it. Another part was to get new curtains for the opposite wall.
The curtains had been striped with different colors, which was just too much crazy color for the room. I wanted things to look more neutral and soft, so my sister suggested I try curtains that would blend to the wall, instead.
If you are have been in the blog-o-sphere for a while, you've probably seen drop-cloth curtains before, but I wanted to do something different. I love the decorative, full look of these draw-up curtains, and they were so easy to make!
- 1 drop cloth ($20 @ Ace Hardware for 8' x 12')
- Hot Glue gun
- Ironing Board
1. Drape the drop cloth across the ironing board, and fold over one end for a hem
2. Hot glue the hem down. (All four sides of a drop cloth are hemmed, thank goodness! And it is a great material for hot gluing)
3. Hang up the curtain!
4. Cut three (or however many you need) lengths of ribbon 2' long, and glue the center of each ribbon to the desired spot on the hung curtain.
5. Roll up the curtain and tie in a bow to enjoy the sun!
How easy was that? It took all of 10 mins. while I watched TV, and adds just the cozy, decorative look I wanted! I love them.