Frantic (yes, some people get frantic when making cookies), I used chocolate chips instead of peanut butter, and these cookies turned out to be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Just give them a try!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter (I used soy butter, and they turned out just like normal with 1/2 the calories)
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used soy milk, and couldn't tell a difference.)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, butter, milk, and salt.
- Stir and bring to a boil (med. heat... you don't want to burn the sugar) for 1 minute
- Remove from heat
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla
- Stir until smooth
- Return to heat, add rolled oats
- Remove from heat and cool slightly (don't allow to cool completely, or the sugar will harden before you're ready for it!)
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper (or tin foil sprayed with non-stick spray if you don't have wax paper, as I had to do)
The result is beautiful, chocolatey goodness. These cookies have a fudge-like consistency, which tastes just amazing! Both a cookies and candy, you can't go wrong.
Don't be afraid to add some variation to an old favorite recipe... it might become a NEW favorite recipe! This is how I've discovered most of the foods I love, only problem is that I rarely have a recipe to follow or give out :)