One of my new sisters-in-law has a birthday this week, and I had a ton of fun making a gift for her! She is very stylish, so I wanted to make something accessory-ish for her. I saw the idea for making an earring holder from a picture frame from Kari at Handmade Mommy a while ago, and knew this was the perfect thing for Sarah! (At least I hope it was.)
- Picture Frame ( I like the 4 x 6)
- Clear Tape
1. Cut out fabric about 1" extra than the glass from the picture frame, and cut the edge off.
2. Tape each side of the fabric to the glass using the clear tape.
3. Cut ribbon twice the width of the glass
4. Tie two knots in the ribbon about 1.5" apart
5. Tape each end of the ribbon to the back of the glass, about 1/3 down from the top of the glass.
6. Attach the glass back to the picture frame
Oila! Doesn't that look great?!
I pored over which fabric, colors, frame, etc. to use for her gift because even Sarah's house is F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S., and I knew the only way she'd like it or use it is if it matches, so I constantly looked at pictures of her bathroom, hoping for a match!
But, I have to say, I L.O.V.E. how it turned out! How could she NOT like it?! The knots create texture for the earrings to hang from, and I added a pair of earrings I made for an extra touch.
Simple and fun to make, functional, and beautiful... This may become my new go-to gift.