This onesie was created by Brett. She recreated this tutu idea, and added a fabric crown to the top. I have taken her wonderful idea one step further by adding heat transfer vinyl to the onesie! It is easy to apply with just an iron! I also added heat-applied crystals from Hobby Lobby to the tips of the crown for some added glam.
How to make the cutest onesie you've ever seen:
- 1 onesie
- heat-transfer vinyl
- heat-transfer crystals
- Cut 4 strips (more if you want it really fluffy) of tulle 4x the circumference of the onesie
- Sew the strips together using the lowest stitch setting on your sewing machine. Be sure to leave a long tail of thread at the beginning and end of the tulle strip.
- Pull each thread tail so the tulle bunches evenly, until it is the same length as the circumference of the onesie
- Sew the crunched-up length of tulle on the onesie
- Cut your desired image out of heat-transfer vinyl
- Apply the design with an iron. Iron the spot first to warm it, place the vinyl down (shiny side up!), add a thin layer of cloth on top, and press firmly with an iron for 1 full min.
- Take off the shiny vinyl backing while the transfer is still hot
- Add the heat-transfer crystals to the desired location. Place a cloth on top of them, and press down firmly with an iron for 20 seconds
- Oila! Enjoy the cutest onesie ever!
Remember: The world is YOURS to personalize-- Empower your inner decorator!