Monday, June 25, 2012

Brown Sugar Body Scrub


Two friends recently threw me a baby shower and I racked my brain for weeks for a good idea of something meaningful, useful, and homemade I could give them for a hostess thank you gift. The two friends are very different with different lifestyles, so I couldn't decide on anything they would both like!

Enter my amazing sister. She suggested making them both this super easy, inexpensive, amazing body scrub. It was so easy for me to put together, looked great as a thank you gift, and is the sort of thing every young mother- regardless of lifestyle- would enjoy. Thanks, Brett! This is now my go-to gift! 

Materials:
  1. Brown Sugar
  2. 1 Lemon
  3. Honey
  4. Olive Oil 
  5. Jar with tight lid
  6. Vinyl decal

The brown sugar is a natural exfoliator, the oil and honey hydrate skin, and the lemon keeps it all smelling wonderful and fresh :) 

Mixing the ingredients together is really just a matter of sense, not measurement. Add some oil, a tbs. or so of honey, and juice from the lemon to a cup or two of brown sugar. Just add more brown sugar or more oil until the consistency is thick and fragrant- not soupy. 



Prepare a vinyl decal as a label for a professional look. 


This part was pretty frustrating for me. I love the size of the jars I used, but the sides were rounded so there wasn't a good, large space for the label. I settled on adding the label to the lid, instead, but even then it had to be smaller than I was comfortable with. 

I love the design I created, but it was a major hassle weeding the tiny font! My husband heard a lot of clean expletives that night :)


Add the label and body scrub to the jars... 


And oila! A super easy, beautiful hostess gift!



I could have added an instruction tag to the jar, but didn't want to. If you chose to, add that the scrub can be used in the shower as an all-body scrub or as a special treat by the bathroom or kitchen sink. Leave on for a few minutes then wash off with warm water. The ingredients will all wash off easily and won't clog the drain! 




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful label! Good job, Sis! Glad I could help :-)

    ReplyDelete