Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Doorway Makeover

I got the itch today to do some decorating... 

Susannah's translation: ADD SOME VINYL!



I knew I wanted some sort of 'welcome' or 'home' sign above the front door, so I looked online at my store for some inspiration. 

I really loved this name monogram: 


But I thought a welcome sign like this would be more appropriate over the door: 


So I put on my thinking cap and combined the two designs!



Here's how I did it: 





It is exactly what our front doorway needed.  Amazing how something simple that I designed and whipped up in 15 minutes can help something really feel like home. 

Welcome!




4 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! I love the combination of the two styles. It's very welcoming!
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two layers are great! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two together! Thanks so much for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I would love to redo our entryway at some point! Would love for you to come and visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete