My sister-in-law, Marie, lived in Denmark for 18 months as a missionary, and still loves the country a ton. It's close to Christmas so it would have been easy to make a decoration-type thing for her, but I believe birthdays should be personal, so making something reminiscent of Denmark was a no-brainer.
And so the Denmark tote was born....
- Tote Bag
- Heat-transfer vinyl design
1. Cut out your heat transfer design
Or use fabric paint for your design
2. Pre-iron the spot you will add the image to
Be sure the iron is on the hottest setting, but without steam.
3. Place the heat transfer vinyl in the desired place, shiny side up. Place a thin layer of material over it, and iron until it has adhered.
4. Add embellishments.
5. Enjoy your new personalized purse!
I've never been to Denmark, but, Marie, if you don't like this bag don't be ashamed to tell me-- I'll take it back and use it myself! Maybe I'll make myself a matching one with the NYC boroughs on it... I just love the idea of a state/ country displayed like this! Maybe on picture frame glass next....?